Sunday, January 13, 2013

The "ONE" Project


It's a New Year!  That means new resolutions and goals for most people.  I know for myself, my list is long and full of new things I want to accomplish in 2013.  In fact, I’ve noticed that several of the things on my list were also on last year’s list, and the year’s before that, and even the year before that.  After three years of being on my list, you’d think some of them would have a big ol check mark after it!    Don’t get me wrong, there have been some accomplishments to the goal, but each item is only partially done.

There are way too many things on my mind these days.  I have ideas for this project and for that project, but I never seem to be able to focus on just one of them long enough to accomplish the task.  This only makes me feel overwhelmed by all the ideas I have.  I feel even worse when I can’t seem to accomplish anything.  Soon I’m giving up completely on all my tasks because I feel like such a loser.  

So, this year, I have decided that I am not going to fall into the same pattern as the previous years.  The only way for me to focus and accomplish anything is to dedicate myself to only “ONE” goal or project at a time.  Now, that’s not to say I can’t have more than one on my list, it only means I will only concentrate on “ONE” until it has been accomplished or it’s well under control and I’m able to start the next project.  

I know I’m not alone with this problem, so I want to invite you to do the “ONE” project with me!  Whether your task is simple and routine, or reaching outside your comfort zone, we can attack and accomplish by taking baby steps.  

If your goal is in the area of health and fitness, this can be extremely overwhelming at the thought of changing everything at once.  It’s hard enough just getting to the gym or working out at home.   When you add a whole new way of eating on top of it at the same time, it is a lot to take on all at once.  Why not break it down into steps.  Try going to the gym twice a week for first month or so.  When that becomes habit or routine, add more trips to the gym!  Once you have a good handle on going to the gym, start changing your eating habits.  

If you struggle with the everyday routine things, such as staying on task with housework, laundry, grocery shopping etc., then this will be a perfect way for you to conquer these things as well.   

Do your smallest task frighten you?


So how does this “ONE” project work?  Just like it sounds; and it’s nothing new.  It’s just simply choosing “ONE” task and setting aside an allotted amount of time to begin working on it.   If you want to have a clean house by the end of the week, choose one task a day and focus on doing it.  If you want to work on your business, set aside an hour a day and focus on it.  

I’m going to start by exercising on my Gazelle for fifteen minutes every day for one week.   My goal would be to increase the time as I raise my endurance.   After 6 weeks, it will have become a habit.  And I’ll be ready to move on to adding something else. 

Are you with me?  I don’t want to do this by myself!  Misery loves company!!  We can support each other and cheer each other on!   You will be amazed at how much more you will accomplish this year by focusing on “ONE” thing at a time.  So join me on my Author FACEBOOK page and let’s do this together!   Stop by and let me know what your “ONE” thing is so I can help encourage you and cheer you on!  It makes me think of the phrase “All for one, and one for all!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment