Monday, May 28, 2012

HOME SWEET HOME

DAYS FOURTEEN & FIFTEEN

I love visiting churches I used to attend when I was younger - or that my husband and I served in leadership at.  Yesterday, I went to the Intersection Church (formally known as Valley Open Bible) and reconnected with lots of folks I've knows since I was in the first grade!  One particular lady was really fun to connect with because we share the same grand children!!  So fun having two grandma's together bragging on their beautiful grandchildren!
It also was an opportunity for me to publicize my book!  The pastor set me up at the information counter to meet and greet and have my book available for anyone who might want a copy.  Mostly those who knew me purchased a copy, however, there was one lady who purchased one who I didn't know.  We chatted for quite awhile as she shared her story with me.  I am still amazed at how common abuse is - in whatever form - among so many people.  

Mom and I rested all afternoon!!  Boy was that nice!  Then my friend, Shannon, came to hang out with us.  We went to dinner and Noodles Express and then indulged in an Asian cannoli!  It's my new favorite dessert!!!!    We rented the movie "We bought a zoo" and stayed up late watching it.   Thank you Shannon for hanging out with us!  It was great catching up with you!

Shannon

Today was Memorial day.  It has been a long time since I've been able to visit my dad's grave site because I live in Portland and dad is buried in Spokane.   I drove my mom, sister, & brother-in-love to the cemetery today.  I loved seeing all the flags and watching the other people that where there to remember their loved ones.  I took some random photos - I thought I would post some of them here for you to see.  Thank you to all those who fought and lost your lives for our freedom and to their families for their great sacrifice.

REMEMBERING




My Daddy





 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment