Wednesday, May 16, 2012


HOME SWEET HOME!

It is so good to be back in my home town of Spokane!  This is my third day of my trip and so far it has been filled with amazing reunions of sweet life-long friends, shopping, pedicures, and of course food.   I'm on this trip for a few reasons - to visit friends/family, network/promote my book, and to cure my homesickness I've had for - oh say - the last seven years!   

I will be at the Service Station  (9315 N Nevada St, Spokane, WA 99218-1110)
on Sunday, May 27th from 1:00 - 4:00pm for a coffee & conversation book signing event.  
If you are on Facebook; check it out!    http://www.facebook.com/events/360701887311119/ 
If you're in the Spokane area, stop by and say hello!

Below are some pictures I have taken along the way while I'm here.  I will be adding new photos each day - so check back and journey with me as I reconnect with friends & family - and meet new friends.   I am enjoying being "home."  

DAY ONE ~

Kennewick, WA on my way home to Spokane.   Connected with my best friend since first grade, Kathleen.  It was also her birthday so we spent our day doing what all BFF's do; coffee, shopping, & pedicures.  Then her wonderful husband took us both out for a fabulous dinner.  Their dog, Diesel, really took a liking to me!  He followed me everywhere and even wanted to sleep on my bed with me.  I can't believe I'm such a softie - and I can't believe I allowed a Pit Bull to sleep at my feet!!  But he is sweet, and he kept my toes warm.

Mine are the toes with the flowers :)
Kathleen & Jan - BFF's since 1971

Diesel
Thank you, Kathleen, for spending time with me and for all your wonderful hospitality!  
Your home is beautiful and I hope you had a fabulous birthday!


DAY TWO ~

My sister, Gwen, and her husband, John are my gracious hosts for a few days.  They just bought a beautiful condo overlooking the Spokane river.  I have the penthouse suite all to myself.  Their upper loft, guest bedroom and bathroom is like a five-star hotel. My mom keeps asking when I will make it over to Coeur d'Alene to stay with her; all I can say is it will be hard to leave this luxury.   But soon mom, I promise!


View of the Monroe Street Bridge and Spokane Falls
The Spokane River
Gwen & John
DAY THREE ~

It was a beautiful morning for a walk along the river.  This neighborhood is very ecliptic.  Lots of older homes full of charm and character.  In fact, the house that was in one of Johnny Depp's movies, "Benny and June,"  is in this neighborhood. So I got to see that on our walk.  Just one street over, you're in another world full of newer, larger homes.  I saw houses that were probably 100 years old and others that are still being built - all on the same street! 


Poppy's

Loved this creative garage!

A portion of the sidewalk

Newer home over looking the river

I'm guessing these steps once led to a home

The house in "Benny & June"


 I spent the afternoon "catching up" with a life-long friend, Tamera.  We had lunch at Red Robin and then walked around Riverfront Park.  Four awesome hours of munching, chatting, praying, crying, laughing, and enjoying our time together.  Thank you, Tamera for taking the time out of your busy, busy schedule to meet with me today!  I love you girl!

Clock Tower from the old Train Station - RF Park

Love this new fountain that has been added since I've lived here!

The Pavilion from Expo '74 - one of the icons of Spokane

Carousel Ride in the park!
Tamera & Me







No comments:

Post a Comment