Friday, May 18, 2012

HOME SWEET HOME . . . DAY FOUR ~

It's a good thing and a great feeling when you can say "thank you" to someone in person for something they did for you years ago.  Today, I got to do just that.  In the front of my book, "Hiding My Bruises While Singing in the Choir," there is a page of acknowledgments.  Clarence, Luise, & Linda Seely provided me safe shelter many times when I needed it.  Tonight, 27 years later, I am sleeping in the same house, with the same people that gave me my safe place.  And I can't even begin to describe how my heart feels.  I'm so grateful for this family!  Linda is another life-long friend whom I grew up with.  In fact, Kathleen, (from day one) Linda, and I sang in a trio during our Jr. & Sr. high days.  We even competed and went all the way to National's one year.  Fun times.  

Linda and I spent the afternoon catching up on our lives; talking about our kids, grand kids, marriage, disappointments, dreams, and how faithful our God is.  And where better to do that than happy hour at the "Onion?"  $2.00 appetizers and iced tea.  It was the perfect place to have girl talk.  Throw in a little shopping and the afternoon was complete.  

I mentioned that one of my purposes for this trip was to network and promote my book.  Linda introduced me to Lonny tonight.  Lonny is an author, pastor, recording artist, international speaker, and successful business man.  The three of us sat in a coffee shop for a just over an hour and I received great advice and encouragement from someone who knows the ropes.   PRICELESS!  He has agreed to review my book; and if he likes it, he has offered to help me by sharing my book with some of his contacts.  (fingers crossed he likes it!)  

We ended our evening with dinner at Applebee's and then a night of movie watching.  This day has been awesome.  It's nice to be here in this house again, but this time, not because I need a safe place; but because I am on vacation and I wanted to "catch up" with my friends. 

Linda - beautiful as ever

My new friend Lonny

Me and Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment